Conference: Was there truly Jesus Christ?
On Thursday 21 December at 20.30, We continue with the lecture series: "You Believe", where we address issues on faith, the society, the pain, if there is something after death, etc… taught by professional experts to address the issue raised in each session.
The next conference is titled: Was there truly Jesus Christ? An analysis of his personality, given by Adolfo Alonso Durá (Professor of Structural Analysis at the Polytechnic University of Valencia UPV).
Are there historical documents about Jesus outside the Christian realm? Are the Gospels are historical accounts? Is the Jesus of the Gospels is real or a myth? Could Jesus be a fan, the schizophrenic who invented his role with great genius? Could faith in Jesus Christ a mere illusion, a beautiful dream forged by humanity?. These questions, like many others, we will address next Thursday.
This cycle is aimed at young people who want to deepen, have questions or do not think about some aspects of the Christian faith.
I anticipate the calendar of the following conferences to be held every third Thursday of the month during this course:
- Is there something after death? Ignacio Gil Pechuán (professor E.U. Business Administration and Systems and Information Technology, polytechnic university of Valencia). 18 January 2018.
- Is there anything wrong with pleasure? Guadalupe Ferrando Roda (School teacher of Spanish Language and Classical Languages, Mary Immaculate College of Carcaixent). 15 February 2018.
- Church scandals: Walls or help believing? Pilar Conesa García (Pilar Conesa García, researcher, Professor, Department of Management of the Polytechnic University of Valencia). 15 March 2018.
- And why that's going to be bad? Among the dictatorship of relativism and religious fundamentalism. Aniceto Masferrer (Professor of History of Law at the University of Valencia). 19 of April 2018.
- Chastity: ¿Madness or happiness in love? Pilar Conesa García (Pilar Conesa García, researcher, Professor, Department of Management of the Polytechnic University of Valencia). 17 may 2018.
- ¿Praying is good for something? Beatriz Ródenas Tolosa (PhD in English Philology, professor and researcher at the Faculty of Medicine of the Catholic University of Valencia). 21 June 2018.
- multicultural society and global world. Is there a true religion and others do not?