Conference: The pain: Can a good God allow evil in the world?
On Thursday 16 November at 20.30h, We continue with the lecture series: "You Believe", in which subjects is about faith, the society, the pain, if there is something after death, if there was Jesus Christ etc..impartidas by professional experts who will address the issue raised in each session.
The next conference is titled: The pain: Can a good God allow evil in the world? given by Beatriz Ochoa (English teacher and Religion, Secondary education).
El ser humano en todas las épocas no ha cesado de hacerse preguntas frente al escándalo del mal (Natural disasters, wars, hungry, disease and suffering of all kinds). If God the Father Almighty, Creator of the ordered and good world, He cares for all his creatures, Why evil exist? Why did God not create a world so perfect that it could not be any bad? It is human suffering one of the main causes of unbelief? Can we eradicate the pain in the world? Is there a universal involvement in evil? Is being the true good of man?. Does faith help cope with pain?. These questions, like many others, They require no easy answer that we will address next Thursday.
This cycle is aimed at young people who want to deepen, have questions or do not think about some aspects of the Christian faith.
I anticipate the calendar of the following conferences to be held every third Thursday of the month during the course 2017-2018.
- Was there truly Jesus Christ? An analysis of his personality. Adolfo Alonso Durá (Professor of Structural Analysis at Polytechnic University of Valencia). 21 of December 2017.
- Is there something after death? Ignacio Gil Pechuán (professor E.U. Business Administration and Systems and Information Technology, Polytechnic university of Valencia). 19 January 2018.
- Is there anything wrong with pleasure? Guadalupe Ferrando Roda (School teacher of Spanish Language and Classical Languages, Mary Immaculate College of Carcaixent). 15 February 2018.
- Church scandals: Walls or help believing? Pilar Conesa García (Pilar Conesa García, researcher, Professor, Department of Management of the Polytechnic University of Valencia). 15 March 2018.
- And why that's going to be bad? Among the dictatorship of relativism and religious fundamentalism. Aniceto Masferrer (Professor of History of Law at the University of Valencia). 19 of April 2018.
- Chastity: ¿Madness or happiness in love? Pilar Conesa García (Pilar Conesa García, researcher, Professor, Department of Management of the Polytechnic University of Valencia). 17 may 2018.
- ¿Praying is good for something? Beatriz Ródenas Tolosa (PhD in English Philology, professor and researcher at the Faculty of Medicine of the Catholic University of Valencia). 21 June 2018.
- multicultural society and global world. Is there a true religion and others do not?