Catechesis for communion
To receive the First communion in San Juan de el Hospital is necessary to receive a prior preparation that can be done in two ways:
– Attending to the catechesis It is taught in our Church: during 2 years, the Monday school (academic year), of 18.00 to 19.00 h.
– Providing a certificate After receiving the corresponding preparation in another place or parish.
The registration held at the office of San Juan de el Hospital, by phone (+34 96 392 29 65) or by email: email@example.com
The sacrament of the Eucharist
Our Savior, at the last supper, the night he was betrayed, He instituted the Eucharistic sacrifice of his body and his blood to perpetuate forever, until its return, the sacrifice of the cross and trust so his beloved wife, the Church, the memorial of his death and resurrection, sacrament of mercy, sign of unity, bond of love, Paschal banquet in which Christ is received, the soul is filled with grace, and a pledge of future glory is given to us.
The Eucharistic Celebration always includes the proclamation of the word of God, Thanksgiving Dios the Padre by all of your benefits, especially for the gift of his son, the consecration of the bread and wine and the participation in the liturgical banquet by receiving the body and blood of the Lord: These elements constitute a single and same Act of worship.
The Church strongly recommends to the faithful to receive Holy Communion when they participate in the celebration of the Eucharist; and it imposes on them the obligation to do so at least once a year.
The inexhaustible richness of this sacrament is expressed through different names is given. Each of these names evokes some of its aspects. It is called:
- “Eucharist” because it is Thanksgiving to God. The words eucharistein (LC 22,19; 1 Co 11,24) and eulogein (Mt 26,26; MC 14,22) remember the Jewish blessings that proclaim - especially during the meal- the works of God: the creation, redemption and sanctification.
- “Banquet of the Lord” (1 Co 11,20) because this is the Supper which the Lord with his disciples celebrated the eve of his passion and the anticipation of the wedding feast of the Lamb (AP 19,9) in the heavenly Jerusalem.
- “Breaking of the bread” because this rite, own Jewish feast, It was used by Jesus when he blessed and distributed the bread as head of household (Mt 14,19; 15,36; MC 8,6.19), especially in the last supper (Mt 26,26; 1 Co 11,24). This gesture the disciples recognize him after his resurrection (LC 24,13-35), and with this expression the first Christians designated their Eucharistic assemblies (HCH 2,42.46; 20,7.11). It to mean that all those who eat this unique bread, party, what Christ, they come into communion with him and form a single body in it (1 Co 10,16-17).
- “Eucharistic Assembly”, because the Eucharist is celebrated in the Assembly of the faithful, visible expression of the Church (1 Co 11,17-34).
- “Memorial of the passion and resurrection of the Lord”.
- “Holy sacrifice”, because it updates the unique sacrifice of Christ the Saviour and includes the offering of the Church; or also Holy sacrifice of the mass, “sacrifice of praise” (HCH 13,15; Salt 116, 13.17), spiritual sacrifice (1 P 2,5), pure sacrifice (Ml 1,11) and Holy, Since that completes and surpasses all the sacrifices of the old Covenant.
- “Holy and Divine Liturgy”, because all of the liturgy of the Church finds its Center and its expression more dense in the celebration of this sacrament; in the same sense it is called also celebration of the Holy Mysteries. It speaks also of the Blessed Sacrament because it is the sacrament of sacraments. The Eucharistic species stored in the Tabernacle are designated with this name.
- “Communion”, because by this sacrament we unite to Christ which makes us sharers of his body and his blood to form a single body (1 Co 10,16-17); It is also called the Holy things [Ta hagia; Sancta] -is the first of the “communion of Saints” It speaks that the symbol of the Apostles-, bread of angels, bread from heaven, Medicine of immortality (Saint Ignatius of Antioch, Epistula ad Ephsios, 20,2), viaticum…
- “Holy Mass” because the liturgy which is the mystery of salvation ends with the sending of the faithful (“Missio”) in order to comply with the will of God in their everyday lives.
Christ, What happened in this world to the father, It gives us in the Eucharist the pledge of the glory that we will have next to it: participation in the Holy sacrifice identifies us with his heart, It holds our strength along the pilgrimage of this life, It makes us wish the eternal life and unites us already now the Church of heaven, the Blessed Virgin Mary and all Saints.
Answers to frequently asked questions
- What is the Eucharist?
- It is the same sacrifice of the body and blood of the Lord Jesus, He instituted to perpetuate in the centuries, up to his second coming, the sacrifice of the cross, Thus trusting the Church the memorial of his death and resurrection.
- When instituted Jesucristo the Eucharist?
- Jesus Christ instituted the Eucharist on Holy Thursday, the night he was betrayed, While celebrating the last supper with his Apostles.
- How does the celebration of the Eucharist?
- In two great moments: the liturgy of the word (comprising the proclamation and listening to the word of God), and the Eucharistic liturgy (comprising the presentation of the bread and the wine, the Eucharistic prayer, with the words of the consecration, and the communion).
- Who is the Minister of the celebration of the Eucharist?
- The priest (Bishop or priest) acting in the person of Christ head and on behalf of the Church.
- What is the altar?
- It is the symbol of Christ himself, present as a sacrificial victim (altar: sacrifice of the cross), and as heavenly food that gives himself to us (altar: Eucharistic table).
- When forces the Church to participate in the Holy Mass?
Church provides that the faithful have the obligation to attend mass every Sunday and holiday of obligation, and it is recommended that you also participate in other days.
- When should you receive first communion?
- You should receive when it starts to have the use of reason, having previously received the timely preparation and the sacrament of penance.